Re: timeout for aio is limited

From: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:53:06 +0100

On Sat, Mar 10 2007, Ananiev, Leonid I wrote:
> I set timeout=300 and norandommap.
>
> But actually runtime is limited by runt=138237msec.
>
> Why does it happen? How to work around it?

Probably the end_fsync=1, it'll get stuck there for a long time even
when exiting the real io loop before the runtime has been exceeded. Not
sure how best to handle that, we can avoid calling fsync() if the time
has already been exceeded, but it doesn't help for the case where you
exit after 299 seconds and fsync() takes forever. Any ideas?

Looking at your numbers above though, you do realize that timeout is in
seconds and runtime quoted is in msecs?

--
Jens Axboe