fi massive testing

From: Zhang, Yanmin <yanmin_zhang_at_linux.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:19:51 +0800

Jens,

Thanks for the wonderful tool. I plan to use fio to replace most disk I/O
benchmakrs I am using.

Currently, I create more than 40 job files to test on JBOD. Unfortunately, with
the massive disk I/O, some disks on my 2 old JBOD crashed after running for a
couple of days.

Mostly, I run aio/vsync/sync with all rand/read/write/rw and less4k/4k/64k/128k
block size combinations. I also simulate some disk I/O like media play server and
some database disk I/O benchmarks.

Do you have any recommendations about the job file which could simulate application
models?

-yanmin